Monday, September 17, 2012

Checking Up

Hello again everyone.  I have been SUPER busy lately and have been running around like a crazy person.  Needless to say, I haven't made any blog updates in the past few weeks.  I thought I would do an update post to tell you all what I have been up to. 

Over Labor Day weekend, I traveled to Indianapolis for the NHRA US Nationals, Cody's biggest race of the year.  I was very excited to see our families for the first time in a several weeks and also to see Cody because he had been on the road for a few weeks before that weekend.  Unfortunately, it rained all weekend and the race had to be rescheduled for the following weekend.  I had to work that following weekend so I had to watch the race on TV.

To top off the disappointing weekend of rain, Cody broke his finger.  He got it caught in the wheel of the car. He had to get minor surgery and have a pin put in his finger.  He is totally fine now and he gets the pin removed in a few weeks. I had a good time with Cody and my family that weekend and it was nice to be back in our home state.  Here are a few pictures of the little bit of racing we got to see. 



My beautiful sister-in-law, Kari and I watching the race! 

Hanging out in pits during the rain delay.  The race was cancelled literally
two seconds after this picture was taken.  

Hubs and the rest of the team working on the car.   

Cody is part of the DHL team.  They are called the 'Yella Fellas.' :)

Cody's broken finger. Good grief.  

Aside from going to the race (well, not going to the race), I've been working at my new job!  I am working at a local radio station as a sales representative, selling commercial space.  I have only been there for about three weeks but I am already in love with it and I cannot wait to learn more about the sales world.  

There is one tiny down side to the new job.  The company has four stations, one of which broadcasts sport coverage of the University of Michigan.  The problem: I have a born and raised Hoosier - for life.  The station hosts a tailgate at each home Michigan game.  When I heard this I thought, alright I can go have a hot dog, socialize with everyone, and the Big House would be pretty awesome to see - I can do this.  Then they dropped the bomb on me.  I had to wear a UM t-shirt to the games.  What!  Ewwww.  So I against my better Hoosier-judgement, I bought a cheap UM t-shirt.  The good new is that I've worn it to two games and my skin hasn't burnt off.  Thankfully! 


The last update in my life is the new women's Bible study I just joined.  The new church we have been attending started its fall Bible study classes last week.  I joined the group study by Beth Moore called James Mercy Triumphs.  We are going to be studying the book of James and his life.  I saw Beth Moore once at my home church over a broadcast and fell in love with her.  What an incredible women and teacher!  I loved the first class of the study because the material was interesting but also because I met some great women.  They were all very sweet and willing to help me adjust to a new town.  I cannot wait to get to know them all better and to get farther into the class.  

That is what I've been up to lately! Thank you all so much for reading.  Leave me a comment!  Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment