Sunday, August 26, 2012

Highlights and Hubby and Tigers Oh My!

Yesterday I took a huge leap.  I took the jump into hair coloring!  Throughout my 22 years, I have never touched my hair with any color - at all.  I have been thinking about highlights a lot lately and yesterday, it finally happened.  I got my first set of highlights and I am in love! 









Shall we walk through the process of my appointment? When I got to the salon, my hairstylist and I started talking about what color I wanted.  I told her I wanted a mixture of caramel and honey colors.  I had a picture I found on Pinterest that I showed her.  She said it would look really good on me and we got to work.  

She sectioned off the hair she wanted to highlight then went and mixed up the color.  Then she started foiling.  By this time, I'm super nervous and about to pee my pants but I was also really excited to see how it was going to come out.  

Once I was done with my foils, things got a little confusing.  We went to the sink and it felt like I was getting my hair washed but then I had to sit under the drier for awhile then go back to the sink for a second time.  I think that had something to do with a toner?  Finally, we got back to the chair and I could see the color in my wet hair.  I was so blown away just with the wet hair that I couldn't wait to see what it looked like when it was styled.  Once she was done, she turned me around and saw it for the first time.  I was immediately in love. 


I am so glad I did it.  She said it turned out really well and it looked great.  We just did a few highlights because she said it would be a big change and she didn't wait me to get too much too soon.  In November, it will be about time for me to do it again so maybe then I'll try something even more exciting.  I am definitely still getting used to it.  I have a dark drown hair my whole life and even the few highlights I have are very different for me.  Nevertheless, I am very please with my choice and I can't wait to do it again!
After my hair adventure, Hubs and I headed to the Detroit Tigers game at Comerica Park.  He has wanted to go to a game since we moved to Michigan and last night we took the trip there.  It was a beautiful night and a perfect temperature for a ball game.  The Tigers were playing the Anaheim Angels and I am happy to report that the Tigers came away with a 5-3 win.  
We had pretty good seats.  We were a little high but we could see everything very well.  We had hot dogs, sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," and cheered when Prince Fielder came up to bat.  It was a great night at the ball game and we hope we can go back again soon.  

Let me know if you have any hair tips for a hair color newbee.  Anything I need to know before getting my next set of highlights?  What do you think of my new hair?  What was it like for you during your first hair color experience?  I hope you all had a great weekend and have a wonderful week!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment