Sunday, September 23, 2012

Visit from Mom and Dad

I had a GREAT weekend!  My parents came up from Indiana.  We had a wonderful time and I was so happy to see them.  Cody has been on the road for the past three weeks and won't be home until October so it was very nice to have some company for the weekend. 


They arrived late Friday night so we just watched a movie.  On Saturday, my mom and I got up early and headed to a fall festival we found online.  The festival was a few towns away and we had no idea where we were going but we found it!  The festival was pretty small but it was very cute.  My mom and I visited all the booths and saw all the crafts.  There hand-made crafts and yummy kettle corn.  It was a little chilly and we agreed it was a great way to kick off the fall season.  I got a hand-made hat and scarf set and I love them!



After the festival, we headed back to the mall near my apartment.  We bought way too much stuff but it was well worth it!  At Kohl's, I got two argyle sweaters.  They are very cozy and warm, which I'll need for these Michigan weathers!  I got a headband and a set of bracelets from Forever 21.  The headband has pearls and diamonds all around.  It will match a lot of my outfits because I wear my string of pearls at least four days a week.  The set of bracelets will look great with my rose-gold watch I got a couple of weeks ago.  My favorite purchase of the day came from JC Penney's.  It is a stunning leather jacket.  I have seen a lot of leather jackets lately and I love them!  I saw some in other stores that were pretty expensive but the one I got was on sale and it was definitely the cutest!  








I also visited Bath and Body Works.  This was were I spent the most time because I wanted to pick up some candles and air fresheners for our apartment.  The previous renters smoked in it so the smell has lingered.  I've sprayed a lot of Febreze but it didn't help much.  I got some Bath and Body Works products to see if that would help.  They were having their two for twenty candle sale.  I got two Leaves candles and two Pumpkin Caramel Latte candles.  I also got three wall flower plug ins with three Leaves scents.  Hopefully all the yummy scents will help.  I am also trying to soak up some carpet odor by sprinkling baking soda all over the floor and vacuuming it up a few hours later.  Do any of you have any remedies for getting rid of smelly smells?  



After all that shopping, Mom and I were bet.  Dad spent the day cleaning my car for me.  What a guy, right. ;)  We went out to dinner that night then watched some more movies.  Today, they joined me for church at my new church.  They loved the service and the preacher.  I really like going to this new church and I was glad to share it with my parents.  It was a great way to end the weekend!



I was so glad to have my mom and dad for a visit.  We had great time and I cannot wait for their next visit.  I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband and the best family in the world.  I thank God daily for each of them.  Thank you all so much for reading! Have a great week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment